I compiled a list of all our favorite fun, free, and frugal date ideas to entertain you and your significant other because I know we’re not the only couple that wants to do something else besides go out to eat every Friday night! These ideas are meant to help you think outside the box, save a little money, but still make memories and develop lasting relationships with the ones you love.
Relationships can have a huge impact on your health mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. As a health coach, I work with my clients to evaluate the relationships in their lives and make steps to improve them. As we focus on creating strong relationships of trust and commitment, our overall health and well-being will improve. Spending intentional time with one another is a great first step! Try some of these ideas out below!
This depends on the recreation you have available around you, but I will give a wide variety of options to appeal to different geography in states.
- Go on a hike
- Skip rocks at a river, lake, or ocean
- Play an outdoor sport with other couples. Ex: capture the flag, water balloon or squirt gun fight.
- Learn a Hip Hop Dance from a YouTube tutorial. This isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but we enjoy doing this! For moderate – advanced dancers Matt Steffanina has great tutorials.
- Plan a mini Olympics competition with other couples. Events could include: relays, three legged race, wheel barrow race, sports, eating competitions, and strategy games.
- Spike Ball
- Ladder Toss
- Bocce Ball
- Ring Toss
- Bad Mitten
- Learn to draw Disney characters from YouTube tutorials. Here is a link to a tutorial to draw Minnie Mouse, but if you search “drawing Disney characters tutorials” you will find a ton more!
- Make homemade candles. I liked this tutorial.
- Paint by Numbers. I loved this scene, but you can find lots of other designs to paint on Amazon when you search “paint by numbers.”
- Water color a scene in your neighborhood or drive to a pretty view.
- Have a baking or cooking challenge where each person picks something they want to bake or cook. Select “judges” who will rank your creations.
- Make homemade pizzas. Here is one of my favorite whole wheat dough recipes.
- Build small boats out of supplies and see which one floats the longest in the sink or the bathtub with the most amount of weight gradually added on.
- Make Vision Boards of your future by cutting up pictures in magazines and gluing them to card stock. Compare your boards afterwards and talk about your goals for the future! Learn what are good things to include in your vision board and how creating these boards will help you achieve your goals by watching this video. I also really like this blog that explains 50 different ideas/themes of vision boards you could create.
- Go to home depot and buy a plant or seeds, and a small pot with soil. Spend the evening decorating/painting your pot and planting your new plant.
- Put together a puzzle.
My husband and I play LOTS of games. Here are some of our favorites. Most of these can be played two player if you come up with some house rules;)
- Banana Grahams
- Five Crowns
- Sushi Go
- Forbidden Island
- The Game
- Cover Your Assets
- Code Names
- Settlers of Catan
- Plan a picnic.
- YouTube Couples Challenges and pick one to master!
- Create a music video! I’m all about having video footage to create memories and keep a snapshot in time forever. One way to do this is picking a fun song you both enjoy and video taping short clips of you dancing in different locations and then compiling them as a music video! You can challenge other couples to do the same and have a movie night where you watch them all later and give awards for “best choreography,” “funniest,” “best costumes,” “most random,” “most inspiring,” etc. You can come up with more fun awards to keep it exciting. An easy way to make this video is by using the app Video Star.
I hope you enjoy trying these fun, free, and frugal date ideas out! Comment below which ones you do, and how you liked it! Happy dating!