I love one on one health coaching because it allows me to work with you on reaching your biggest goals, your personal relationship with food, and your family’s victories and struggles. To do this, I customize the program for what is best for you. No two sessions between clients are the same because no two clients are the same. We all have different weaknesses, insecurities, past experiences with food and body image, individual stressors in our lives that throw us off balance, and triggers that may send us off our course towards a healthy lifestyle.
One of the biggest benefits I see in people who start working with a health coach, is they finally give themselves space and time to think through things in their lives that they never have time or energy to evaluate. Sitting down and talking through these emotions and behaviors with a coach has helped my clients identify, vocalize, and change habits they have never been able to before.
My Responsibility and Philosophy
As a coach it is my responsibility to be your mentor, support system, cheerleader, accountability partner, and educator. But as your coach I am also passionate about helping YOU help YOURSELF. It may surprise you when I say: I never set goals for my clients. I give suggestions, educate, or offer information, but I never tell my clients what to do. Each client sets their own goals and their own “next steps”. I believe you are far more likely to keep the goals you set for yourself because these goals will please YOU when you reach them. Reaching goals that someone else tells you to reach redirects your focus on pleasing others instead of yourself, and this journey is about YOU.
What I coach clients on
- Clarity on priorities, time management, and living true to what matters most to you
- Improving your relationship with food: understanding why you eat the way you eat and how that relationship affects what you eat, how much you eat, and how you feel when you eat. Changing your beliefs and experiences around food to foster positivity and food freedom.
- Eating habits: snacking, home cooking, meal planning and prepping, eating well-balanced meals and snacks, less processed, emotional eating, and whole food education.
- Body image and Self Worth
- Exercise and daily movement
- External health factors (see list below)
- Goal Setting for a sustainable lifestyle of healthy living
A huge part of my health coaching philosophy is that the health of our mind, body, spirit, and emotions are also dictated by things we aren’t putting into our bodies, but do take a tole on our bodies just the same. These things include:
- Home Environment
- Social Life
I discuss these topics as well with my clients and help them find balance on and off their plate!
My one-on-one program is six months long. Clients can cancel at anytime if they or the coach feel like they are no longer progressing, or have reached their desired goals. A six-month program allows me to work with you through many different seasons of life. Our health and habits are largely influenced by our life circumstances and what we are going through, therefore my programs spans a six month period to ensure that your new habits are concrete and that you are able to push through hard and easy times.
- Two 50-minute appointments each month for six months which will include: A discussion about progress since the last visit. A discussion about any health concerns the Client may have.
- A discussion of food, exercise, and other significant determinants of overall health (sleep, relationships, career, etc.).
- Learning to understand the Client’s relationship with food and why she eats the way she eats.
- Identifying things in her life that may stunt your health progress and make a plan to overcome these hurtles.
- Goal-setting that will foster long-term change and commitment.
- New insights each session about the Client or about food.
- An email after each session with next steps before the next visit.
- Preparation beforehand: the Coach will spend time outside each session preparing, planning, researching, etc., on behalf of the Client. The price of the program factors in the Coach’s preparation outside of sessions. Each Client has different needs, therefore the Coach tailors the sessions and content of the program to best support each Client’s individual needs.
- Two weekly check-in texts of motivation and reminding the Client of her goals.
- A variety of handouts, recipes, book suggestions, podcasts, and other educational resources.